A workshop over the last few weeks of April for people who would like to write a tune or who have written tunes that they are not happy with and want to tweak them but don’t know how. Limited to 24 participants. Taking place online via Zoom. Please make sure you can attend all the dates below before booking.
- Friday 9th April 7-8.30pm ~ Seminar and Q&A with Lauren MacColl (Fiddler) & Anna Massie (Fiddler & Guitarist)
- Saturday 10th April 7-8.30pm ~ Seminar and Q&A with Angus MacKenzie (Piper & Whistler) & Fin Moore (Piper)
- Thursday 15th & 22nd April 7-8pm ~ Small groupwork with an assigned tutor (6 per group)
- Saturday 1st May 7-9pm~ The Finale, group presentation of all the tunes!
- Private participant chat/support group
- Optional extra classes (subject to sufficient demand – small extra charge)
- Friday 16th April 7-8pm ~ Music theory support for all.
- Saturday 17th April 7-8pm ~ Introduction to Musescore (free software for writing out music)
*all times shown are local times to Scotland
What you will achieve?
By the first weekend in May, we hope, you will have your own tune written out and have gained the confidence you need to continue along your journey of writing music.
Who is this course for?
Literally anyone who can play a tune on an instrument – all levels and all instruments welcome. You don’t need to have any experience of writing tunes or any knowledge of how to write out music. The course is about overcoming the fear of creating music of your own and getting hints and tips from professional musicians as to how they go about this creative process.
This sounds fantastic but totally terrifying
You will not be required to play your tune or play anything at all in front of people. Your final composition can be played by your tutor for the group to hear or, not played at all. This is intended to be an inclusive, safe and encouraging environment for people to venture into the fun of tune composition.
Cost £55.00. Free to register. Fee will be collected later.
All proceeds to go to the tutors.
Book through Eventbrite here: Everyone can write tunes