If you would like to, and feel that you can afford to support the organisation there are various ways you can make a donation to Scots Music Group.
- Include a donation when enrolling
- Through PayPal ~ by credit/debit card or PayPal account by clicking on the yellow Donate button.
- By cash or cheque during SMG office opening hours
- By cheque, made payable to Scots Music Group, and posted to Scots Music Group, Eric Liddell Community, 15 Morningside Road Edinburgh EH10 4DP
- By bank transfer. Please contact us for details
You can also help us by agreeing to Gift Aid your donation. Simply complete the relevant form opposite.
If you are making a donation for a particular reason please let us know!
For all methods please add Gift Aid if eligible – details below
An important aspect to Scots Music Group’s valuable work is raising funds so that we can continue to provide generous discounts to eligible concession-holders, accessible events, affordable products and actively support our community development projects.
We are a self-sustaining organisation and need to cover a significant proportion of our costs through our own fundraising, including donations. We welcome donations from individuals, businesses and other organisations, whether on joining as a member, enrolment or at events, or indeed at any other time. If you would like to make a donation to support a particular aspect of our activities, or include a bequest when drawing up a will, please get in touch to discuss how best to set this up.
Use Gift Aid to make your donation go further
Your donation could be worth 25% more – at no extra cost to you. If you are a UK taxpayer, Gift Aid lets Scots Music Group reclaim tax on donations you have made to us. The UK government’s Gift Aid scheme means that, for every £10 you give, we can claim an extra £2.50 from the UK Treasury, making your gifts worth more to Scots Music Group.
You must ensure that you pay the same amount or more of UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax as all charities and CASC’s will claim on your gifts in a tax year and you will be responsible to pay any difference. If you are not a UK taxpayer, for example if you are retired or a student, Gift Aid does not apply to you. Find out about Gift Aid on the UK.gov website (Claiming Gift Aid as a charity or CASC – GOV.UK)
How to add Gift Aid
- When enrolling online, tick the Gift Aid box below the amount of your donation
- Complete our online Gift Aid Form below.
- For cash, cheque, PayPal and bank transfer complete a hard copy Gift Aid form for either a single or multiple donation and send in to the office.