Help us to keep the music alive!
While our classes are still online, we want to encourage you to take your music out into the community and help SMG at the same time. Individuals or small groups can get involved by playing or singing for a donation. You can do this in lots of different ways, such as:
• Play a tune or sing a song to members of your family or friends
• Join up with a few friends or classmates
• Set up a small social event, inside or outside
• Set up a wee flashmob event and get donations from the public
• Play for your local care home/primary school/community group
SMG’s MAY MUSIC HOOLEY
To take part, please register below via our Eventbrite page.
You will receive an official information sheet to take with you which gives information about SMG and why we’re fundraising.
If there’s a group of you taking part, only one of you needs to register.
Online registration opens on 27th April and the event will run throughout May.
Take photos/videos if you’re able to, and send them to us, or share on social media using the hashtag #maymusichooley
If you’re in an SMG class, tutors will be encouraged to help you decide on your tune/song, and make time in class for you to arrange to meet up with fellow students if you would like to take part in a small group. You can also take part in a class group.
With class numbers still recovering post-pandemic, SMG needs to develop alternative fundraising strategies to supplement our fundraising ceilidhs and support our core costs. Our members have been very generous with donations, so now we want to harness your enthusiasm for the music!
How to send us the donations you collect:
- By PayPal
- By bank transfer – contact us to do this
- By cheque, payable to Scots Music Group and sent to Scots Music Group, Office 1F6, Eric Liddell Community, 15 Morningside Road, Edinburgh EH10 4DP
- Drop off cash or cheque at the office – contact us to arrange this.
Thank you for supporting SMG!