[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=’av-align-top’ space=” margin=’0px’ margin_sync=’true’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” padding=’0px’ padding_sync=’true’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ radius_sync=’true’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” attachment=” attachment_size=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-k5pexbb4′]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-k5pez93c’ admin_preview_bg=”]
**Applications for this post have now closed**
- Part time, 18 hours p/w
- £26,265 pro-rata
- Closing 28th February 2020
Scots Music Group (SMG) is an Edinburgh-based charitable organisation providing a programme of traditional music classes and events for adults.
Location: SMG’s office is located at Holy Corner, Edinburgh
Working Hours: 18 hours per week, core days Tuesday – Thursday, flexitime, some evening and weekend working
Contract Type: Permanent Part-time
Salary: £26,265 per annum (pro rata)
Benefits: Pension and 31 days holiday (pro rata)
The Development Worker will manage, develop and sustain SMG’s charitable operations in line with board requirements and organisational aims.
Core Responsibilities include:
· Manage, organise & develop SMG’s successful traditional music programme of classes and events (e.g. ceilidhs, concerts, stramashes.)
· Manage office staff, tutors & volunteers as required
· Manage the day to day operation of the accounting, financial & IT systems
· Provide input into SMG strategy and policies
· Maintain close liaison with SMG board, including preparing regular reports and attending SMG Board meetings.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
· Good knowledge of and links with traditional music & music education
· Good oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
· Good IT awareness and knowledge of online event booking/finance systems
· Team player, with experience of managing a team
· Current Driving Licence.
For more information, please contact Edna Wilson (SMG chair) at [email protected].
For applications, please send your CV and a covering email to Edna Wilson.
Closing Date for applications is 28 February 2020.