Scots Music Group classes are:
- open to anyone aged 18 or over
- usually held over three continuous terms which align to the school year. Term 1 runs for 12 weeks starting in September; Term 2 for 10 weeks starting in January (Term 2 2021 runs for 12 weeks); Term 3 for 8 weeks starting in April (2021 TBC)
- open for 2020/21 membership from Wednesday 12th August 2020
- open for Term 2 enrolments on Tuesday 1st December
Students financially affected by Covid-19 are welcome to pay membership & fees at the concession rate
BECOME A SMG MEMBER:
- Membership runs from 1st August-31st July each year
- Membership costs £20/£15 concession
- Membership gives a discount on Scots Music Group class fees
- Purchase membership before buying classes to receive the discount
- Full membership info can be found here
- click ‘Book Now’ in the banner above, or from the relevant class page and click on New booking in your Dashboard
- Save £15.00 per term by booking before the Early Bird deadline!
- Early Bird closes on Tuesday 15th December 2020 for Term 2 classes
- Our concession rate applies to students, pensioners receiving state pension, those receiving benefits, jobseekers / unemployed, unwaged (e.g. carer, stay-at-home parent)
- Consider becoming a SMG member to receive discounts on class prices.
Enrolment details for Term 3 2021 will be updated the Spring
It may be possible to join a class part of the way through the year but please contact the SMG Office first so we can check with the tutor if they are willing to take a new student after the year has started.
You should have an instrument to bring to class.
LEARNING BY EAR: Scots Music Group encourages teaching and learning by ear. If you are new to this method of learning, don’t panic! Tutors will teach slowly and will work at a pace suitable to the group. It is highly recommended that you bring a recording device to your class. Tutors will also share music and songs as the class prefers, for example with photocopies or a cloud storage facility, e.g. Dropbox.
Read our Class FAQ for answers to some typical questions about SMG classes.